ALPHA TEAM CHALLENGE!
June 12-13 , 2021
Presented by Backwoods K-9
SATURDAY - Competitive event with the OPTION to do bitework. Awards. 8:30am Check In. 9:30am Runner Meeting.
SUNDAY - Non-competitive event. No bitework. No awards. 9:00am Check In. 10:00am Runner Meeting.
This unique event tests the teamwork and skills of you and your canine teammate. From the dog owner who just enjoys exploring with their dog to the serious Dog Sports competitor and even Police K9 Units, here is your chance to prove that you and your dog have what it takes.
OPEN TO ALL BREEDS
Over a cross country course measuring approximately 1.5 miles, each handler and dog team will travel through water, over fallen trees, face challenges, and conquer obstacles of various kinds.
FOLLOW THE FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE FOR REGULAR UPDATES AND INFORMATION
Each obstacle or challenge must be successfully overcome in order to avoid penalty time added to your run. The event is timed for each individual, and MUST be completed on lead. Protection scenarios are optional for an even playing field for all dogs.
We highly recommend bringing a change of clothes.
For a more detailed description, rules, and FAQ, please click here.
The fastest time in each division wins.
Please make sure that you use the correct entry form.
Entries fill up quickly. Limited amount of entries each day.
Saturday is the full competitive event with awards.
Sunday is non-competitive with no awards and no option for bitework. Runners will still be timed.
Online registration will continue until all spots are full.
• Race length will be approximately 1.5 miles over a cross country course, each handler and dog team will travel through water, over fallen trees, face challenges, and conquer obstacles of various kinds.
• The Alpha Team Challenge is an event geared toward all dog trainers and handlers, regardless of breed and discipline in which you might normally participate with your dog.
• Entries are open to all breeds, including mixed breed dogs.
• For working dogs there will be protection scenarios. Dogs not trained to bite will get an equally timed task at those locations.
• You may run as many dogs as you wish, one at a time.
• You may complete the course at your speed of choice and comfort.
• Teams will be sent onto the course at 5 minute intervals to best avoid jams at obstacles.
• If passing a team, please do so away from an obstacle in order to prevent any incidents. Please be courteous.
• You may skip any obstacle, but will incur a time penalty for each obstacle skipped.
• Minimum age for dogs is 10 months.
• All work is ON LEASH. Loose dogs on course will incur a time penalty.
• Collars allowed: Pinch/prong, choke, flat, fur saver, or harness. No E-Collars.
• Judging will be based time of the dog and handler team. Time penalties will be given for not completing a challenge.
• Gun fire blanks (22 caliber) may be utilized.
• Anyone displaying abuse to their dog or displaying unsportsmanlike conduct will be disqualified and banned from competing.
• Dogs MUST be on a leash at all times while on the property.
• Competitors do not have to be members of any organization.
• Use of food treats to motivate your dog while on course is not allowed. You may use a ball or tug with your dog.
• We highly recommend bringing a change of clothes. You WILL get wet.
3 Men's and Women's Divisions Offered
CRETACEOUS 18-33, JURASSIC 34-49, TRIASSIC 50+
The fastest time in each division will place. Trophy for the fastest overall Men's and Fastest overall Women's.
SATURDAY - Competitive event with the OPTION to do bitework.
8:30am Check In
9:30am Runner Meeting
SUNDAY - Non-competitive event. No bitework. No awards.
9:00am Check In
10:00am Runner Meeting
Registration opens mid April.
Registration is $75 per entry.
37560 Weber Rd, Richmond, Michigan 48062
1299 Wadhams Rd
St Clair, MI 48079
6350 Lapeer Road
Clyde Twp., MI 48049
3864 Breen Rd
Emmett, MI 48022
7605 Lakeshore Rd, Lakeport, MI 48059
8732 N River Rd, Marine City, MI 48039